<$BlogRSDUrl$>
the 'Fist' & the 'Pacifist'
Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night.
Tuesday, May 18, 2004
Haven’t done much of blogging…off late. A combination of many things really,
1. Lack of Time (Had to put that in!)
2. Am doing some other writing related work, so as I am Creatively rather limited, it’s difficult to supply creative musings to both my ‘writing related work and ‘my blog’.
3. I don’t think, anyone really does read it…so it doesn’t really matter does it?
4. Ok…how about the writing just for yourself?
My musings/opinions are all in ‘my mind’ right? To paraphrase Huxley…’my mind is my own private literature’.
So that’s that!

A very close friend from college Vivek, we used to have a ball in college!
At the end of every semester we used to go to Pondicherry, lovely little place. His cousins who were settled there, ran liquor shops, so well the booze was often more easily available than aqua pura.

There was this little thing about the man Vivek, when he was rather “high”, the man had this propensity of asking “Fundamental Questions”. Which I must admit, most of us were too inebriated, to answer suitably. A sample would be as follows,

Vivi: Boss, Why does man love a woman?
Me: Hmm…
Vivi: I mean why can’t he love a Chair…for example?
Me: Bud, people do love chairs…Kissa Kursi Kaa and all of that. Politicians they love the chair.
Vivi: No..I don’t mean it that way…I mean why is Man attracted to a woman, why does he love a woman? I mean why not a Cow, Furniture…a Place. Why does it have to be a woman!

- Long Silence and Steady Drinking –

The day after, the hangover not withstanding, there used to be guffaws about Vivi’s 'Fundamental Questions'.
“Don’t get the Fuck Drunk again, he will wanna do a Chair or a Cow or something!”
More guffaws.

Last Weekend, outside Café Coffee Day, sipping on “Ice Eskimo” or some other such Cold-Coffee variant, this whole episode came back to me. Why indeed do we have this urge consciously/subconsciously, to seek a significant other? A girlfriend, a lover, a wife? Isn’t it like the ions from High School Chemistry, positive ions continually seeking negative ions, to attain stability and vice-versa.

Are we like that too? I mean for all our evolution, all our Buddha, Plato, Russell, Sartre, Jung, Mozart, …we are like an atom, with an electron more or an electron less.

Conversely, the whole ability or realization, to truly get rid off the “seeking/need a significant other” phenomenon. Is that a sign of evolution?

Funny what John Nash said though,

I've always believed in numbers and the equations and logics that lead to reason. But after a lifetime of such pursuits, I ask, "What truly is logic? Who decides reason?"
My quest has taken me through the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional -- and back.
And I have made the most important discovery of my career, the most important discovery of my life: It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logic or reasons can be found.