<$BlogRSDUrl$>
the 'Fist' & the 'Pacifist'
Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night.
Tuesday, June 29, 2004
"Could you please fill up this form?" Like NO!!!

There is stuff, which I just can’t do!

Doesn’t everybody have these teenie-weenie things, which they abso-bloody-lutely suck at! Stuff which are in fact easy and mundane, but one just cannot do it.

My Achilles heel, are Forms!
I just get totally freaked out filling up forms. Its strange I become a bundle of nerves, start seeing double, my palms get sweaty. It’s always been this way, ever since I remember filling forms up.

I get jittery about the smallest of things; dates for example, birth dates, months in the year, departure date when filling up travel forms. Determining which is my first and which is my last name becomes particularly tricky. And boxes, which I have to leave blank, kind of induces a crawly feeling behind the neck. Middle Name? Oh god! Don’t have one…so darn ill have to leave this one blank. Children? Wish I could pencil in a number like 10 or something! Instead of leaving an ambiguous hyphen sitting around the place.

The ones, which come with those rectangular little boxes, to pencil in names, letter by letter. My god! Are they infernal or what.
Online forms have their own curve balls to just knock me down.
Fill in your business goals for the current fiscal (limit 1000 characters).

Jack! I may have business goals, which run into 1010 words. So why should I prune my sentences, and abbreviate stuff? It’s MY Business Goals, for chrissakes! Can’t I at least decide how long my paragraph will be!

Forms, which have multiple-choice Questions, are particularly tricky, they often give you tones of options but none of them seem to be your answer. Like,

How would you describe yourself as a lover?
a) Romeo reloaded
b) “Love” a four-letter word!
c) Oasis in the dessert
d) Been there “DONE” that!

I mean, cant they have an option like “normal/regular”?

I just don’t “fit in” with the whole form thingy. I mean the guy who created forms and me; we must have been born with warring constellations shining on our respective posteriors.

Phew!

5 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
/ permalinkPermalink