<$BlogRSDUrl$>
the 'Fist' & the 'Pacifist'
Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night.
Monday, June 07, 2004
Was listening to FM awhile back, the RJ said something to the effect of “The next song is by, probably today’s most respected pop group…Michael Learns to Rock”.

And they played Paint my Love.

The first gift I ever received from a “girl”, discounting those related to me by blood of course, was the ‘Paint My Love’ CD.

I was in class 10, she was in 12, and we had a “thing” going. She was the most beautiful girl I had seen till then, and I was thrilled to bits.

I got it on a Friday, I remember clearly, because I had Physics tuition at 7 in the morning on Saturdays. Friday evening we had met, she had given me the CD, we hung out for a bit and then I got home, in a hurry…cause I had to listen to the damn thing.

I listened to the CD on my Discman, mindful that I have to sleep in time to be able to get up the next morning, I listened to half the CD at least before I was asleep. And it must have been blissful sleep I am sure.

The next day, met up with my friends, and excitedly told them all about her giving me the “Paint my love” CD. Kunal had said “It’s a pussy CD man!”. I hadn’t protested, cause I would have reacted the same way if he had either bought or been given that CD, especially by a girl.

I dug out the CD, and am playing it now. Hope to listen to all of it, before I sleep tonight. And I hope it will be blissful sleep.
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
/ permalinkPermalink