<$BlogRSDUrl$>
the 'Fist' & the 'Pacifist'
Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night.
Friday, July 16, 2004
I can only love her now, the way I used to…if I was GAY.

“I loved her because she was a woman. She had all the feminine qualities that I admired. Now she is cold and I cant recognize her anymore. She has become like me, she has become like a man. I can only lover her now, the way I used to…if I was gay.”
- Java Script, a friend.


Was talking to my friend Java Script (called so, because he dedicates great number of hours contributing to the bottom line of one Sun Microsystems. And that’s just him moonlighting, well that’s digression…anyways).

So that’s what my buddy JS had to say. Poor man is anguished over his long-term relationship petering out. Well I felt bad for him, truly did, I could see the pain as he said what he had to.And when he said “I can only lover her now, the way I used to…if I was gay.” It felt odd; sardonically I smiled thinking about the improbability of a man becoming gay, cause his ladylove had got one of those sex change ops done and turned into a man. A ‘Ripley’s Believe it or Not’, thing almost.

But I truly did feel bad, there is very little one can do when a relationship goes down hill. It’s almost like a body in free fall; nothing really is in ones control, all seems to be determined by the force of G.I just patted him on his back, talked over things for a bit, and offered him a cigarette. But could do nothing else really.

Read Navtej Sarna's "We wer'nt lovers like that", over the weekend. Maybe thats why the perspective is kinda skewed at the moment. Liked the book, found the end a tad incredulous though.

Hmm...but one never really knows about endings. They never really run its course, you know, kind of always has a sting in its tail.


Labels: