<$BlogRSDUrl$>
the 'Fist' & the 'Pacifist'
Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night.
Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Going Home...

Today is my last day in Germany, I am heading home early tomorrow morning. In time for the Pujos!

I am looking out of my office window, my office a nice little room which has been mine for all of three months. The first day when I was shown into this office, the large windows had seemed very thrilling. The hills extended themselves all along the horizon and the white windmills almost seemed a slow hypnotic swirl. The hills were tree lined, and their color had struck me as odd, it was a somber black green, its shade seemed cold and bleak.

As I look beyond the window today, the hills have streaks of dull ochre. Its autumn, the leaves are turning various shades of yellow. It’s almost symbolic of my time here, the weeks and months spent at an Aluminum plant in the middle of nowhere. The wind is cold now and the sunshine seems distant. The windmills continue to lazily swirl in the late afternoon breeze, as if nothing ever really happened. Maybe nothing did.

I am happy to be going home but at once I am sad to be going away.
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
/ permalinkPermalink