<$BlogRSDUrl$>
the 'Fist' & the 'Pacifist'
Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night.
Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Always on My Mind…

It feels surreal, its six ‘o’ clock in the morning and I am in office with Willie Nelsons version of “You are always on my mind” pouring in through the earphones. It’s a wonderful song and funny too.

Always On My Mind
Maybe I didn't love you
Quite as often as I could have
And maybe I didn't treat you
Quite as good as I should have

If I made you feel second best

*A female vocalist croons softly, almost whispers “Yes you did…yes you did”.

Girl I'm sorry I was blind.
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind.

I find that bit hilarious, “If I made you feel second best….” and the female voice goes “Yes you did…yes you did”. I mean can’t she be happy that ‘ol Willie Nelson is singing her a wonderful little love song? Does she have to add her self-serving, bitchy two pence worth “Yes you did…yes you did”?

But it’s a wonderful song nonetheless, the King Elvis has a version of the same and that’s great too in its own way. But all I can think of now is cars and long drives. The time when we were drunk silly and we sang “Susanna” till we were hoarse. Three guys in a car, singing totally out of key, driving through a bumpy dimly lit Calcutta Street and thinking we were on Highway 69.

The time when we were coming back from Kerala, the middle of the night, me standing at the rear exit of the bus – with Bob Dylan playing on the Discman. The cool moist breeze blew across the backwaters and pelted my face, the chaotic sounds of a bus hurtling through the night and Bob Dylan’s contemplative voice stoically struggling to drown it all out.

Peace.

2 Comments:
    Blogger Akruti said... On Thursday, November 18, 2004 7:13:00 pm  
  • Its indeed a beautiful song,and u r 3 friends part reminded me of we 3 friends roaming on the roads of mahabaleshwar in the mist and drizzle,singing and laughing mindless,feeling at the top of the world.and another coincidence,i was in kerala a few days back,travelling in the train though,looking at the beauty of nature standing by the door.
    nice post rohan,dropped here from surinder's blog.

  • Blogger Rohan said... On Friday, November 19, 2004 4:12:00 pm  
  • Hey thanks.
    Glad you liked it. Yeah Kerala is really beautiful, for once i'll put aside my Bong Chauvinism and admit that Kerala is truly gods own country.

    Keep reading the blog, as I always say "If you have a modem, I have an opinion".

    Have a nice day. Cheers!

Post a Comment
<< Home
/ permalinkPermalink