<$BlogRSDUrl$>
the 'Fist' & the 'Pacifist'
Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night.
Friday, December 17, 2004

Not a Million Answers...only a few forever Questions.

What goes on behind your bright diamond eyes?
Not a million answers…only a few forever questions.
Can I someday hold myself from turning away, before having had enough?

To be in your room, see your little bottles of cream and your colored perfumes.
And then know… that which makes you beautiful isn’t little bottles with labels.

When your hair tumbles down the side of your face.
Wanting to tell you “Why don’t you tie it in place?”
Hoping you never do.
I am always there, to run my hand through it and put it right.

To see you looking down the road, waiting for me to come.
Hoping you’ll always wait… at the door, in the garden, at midnight.
When I am driving, walking, flying…I am always coming home to you.

Looking at the stark murky night sky.
Every moment like the next. Every moment like life.
The stars like your crazy diamond eyes.

To wonder what a fool I was to not walk up to you and say, “I am crazy about you”.
Knowing now, the fear of losing you.

Do you think of me when you walk away?
A bit of you stays back … even when you go.

What goes on behind your bright diamond eyes?
Not a million answers…only a few forever questions.

7 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
/ permalinkPermalink