<$BlogRSDUrl$>
the 'Fist' & the 'Pacifist'
Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night.
Wednesday, December 29, 2004
Realize this…

Yes I am getting old. It’s a fact now…no longer a fancy.

A friend from college came down for the weekend, he is currently studying business in Indiana, and it’s been over two years since we last met up.

Sample this,
We went to catch a flick and then stuck on at the Mall to do shopping, he wanted to buy shades. He checked out the entire store…these are good for driving, these look like imitation Oakley’s. I on the other hand was looking for a new laptop bag, can I fit my extra battery in this one, and does it have an extra pouch for my organizer?

The sport he has picked up in the last few years is Racquet Ball, a “with it” form of Squash I am informed. My only active sporting pursuit now is, a sedate game of Golf.

We were watching DVD’s one night. We used to watch tons of movies when we were in college, so we were trying to re-live the “movie-thon” of our college days. A quarter of an hour through Van Helsing, I dozed off…he saw the entire flick and then woke me up.

We went out drinking, went to the “Light Horse Bar” at my club. Plush leather interiors, two hundred year old paintings, waiters in cummerbunds and turbans. After that he wanted to hit a discotheque, it was past 11 and we were pretty sloshed already. I gawked at the idea, “Boss I have to go to office early tomorrow”.

So well its true, I am getting old.

“As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.”

Labels: