<$BlogRSDUrl$>
the 'Fist' & the 'Pacifist'
Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night.
Monday, June 13, 2005
My new house, the neighbor’s cat and wishing you were here…

Saturday I moved into my house, my own house.
No.2 Drum Avenue, Glastonbury.

My own house … with tenancy papers. The electricity, gas and water connections in my name. Yeah, I am feeling pretty self important at the moment!

Did shopping to set my place up. It’s a furnished house, so really don’t need to/have to do much. But I bought cream bed sheets, a gray quilt and black towels. Yeah, black Turkish towels… neat and chic.

I made friends with the neighbor’s cat. It’s got a coat of uneven black and white, and it just waddled over the gravel strip which separates the neighbor’s front yard from mine. It isn’t a fat cat, what’s the word…yeah…its "tubby", you know what I mean?

I cooked my first meal in the house, mixed vegetables, rice and an omelet.

And now, after washing the dishes, latching the front door and flicking off the lights. I am in my room, listening to "Wish you were here". Watching the candle burn on the ledge, the flame flicker and the crazy shadow dance...

Yeah I am thinking of you, the girl who makes me feel like a schoolboy. A schoolboy in love for all heaven and hell. All the dreams and none of the fears.

How I Wish you were here…


Labels: ,

5 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
/ permalinkPermalink