<$BlogRSDUrl$>
the 'Fist' & the 'Pacifist'
Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night.
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Happiness after Tax.

I have weird sleep patterns on long hauls. Whenever the good flicks are on, I am invariably, deep in slumber.

I couldn't get the weekend in Bangalore out of my head. I felt happy for Megs. Her sparkling kitchen tiles, the rust color cushions and the Zen parked in the garage.

Urban. Professional. Happiness after tax.

A rectangular daari beside the sofa. The nightly movie on Cable. The domestic bliss of laying the table for dinner. The joys of haggling with the dhobi, over the bleached bed cover.

The husband who carried her passport size snap in his wallet, the house, the car and the dog named Boo. Her own little world.

"I don't know how to say this...marriage has made me very happy".

So, why the mindless sex in a car?




Mind Pills.


I had never been to a shrink before. I had seen it in the movies.
A black leather couch. Staccato Monologues. Tears, with the face sunk in your hands.

But as I walked back home, it didn’t seem that bad. The doctor was affable and didn't rush me. At the end of the appointment, he gave me a prescription for pills.

"Mind Pills?" I wondered to myself.

White plastic bottle, with the words "Mind Pills" printed in black. What's the color of the pills, I wondered? The color of the mind?

In most probability it will be boring white or something. And the wise men will drum their knuckles and say "its what inside that’s important".

I went to the chemist next, handed him the prescription. He didn't arch his eyebrow or lower his eye glasses. He just disappeared into the dim interiors of his shop.

I pictured him rummaging through a rack which ran for ever. Pills for pain jostled for space with Pills for the heart. And yes, pills for the mind, beside the row of pills for life.

Labels:

1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
/ permalinkPermalink