<$BlogRSDUrl$>
the 'Fist' & the 'Pacifist'
Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise in perfect light,
I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Of Going Away...

Last year, like now... the Nor'westers had come.

Last year, I nearly drove into a fallen tree.
Last year, I made another journey.

With an eight hour flight, a lot changes...people, mobile phone numbers, the space you call home. Amidst all this change - there is excitement...excitement of travel, of experience, of weather, of feel, of language.

As May arrives again, I wait for flight tickets in a rexene case.

But there is this strange feeling of life not done. What am I leaving behind? What did I build? What did I create by virtue of being me?

If I didn't go, would things be different? Would I stay back to forge strong relationships which would last a lifetime?

What of those people, who live and die in the same house - with the same trees in their backyard, with the same view from the window, with the same set of neighbors? Are they blessed, because they are saved the pangs of dislocation?

In the past six months, I tried to build all of that, which gives us our own individual identity and anchor.

Another free and fanciful departure waits. Going away is a constant, hopefully someday so will the reason to return.

Labels: